The Calziuoli Room is named in dedication to an ancient Florentine family who owned the Villa in the first half of the Fifteenth century.
Given its position at the Main Floor, and a consequence of nineteenth-century partial masonry to turn the Room into a caretaker’s lodge as well, the room is alternatively named Room of the Androne d’Ingresso (Room of the Entrance Hall).
The room has a surface of over 25 mq, which keeps the original setting in pietra serena on the three most antique walls, separating a massive Pavilion vault. Thanks to the vault’s height of almost 6 meters, the room in characterized by a very wide volume. This room has a double entrance: the first one is an independent entrance from the Grand Staircase Main Hall, the second one is from the Giardino a settentrione (Northeastern Garden), through the central corridor of the ground floor. This feature ensures accessibility for people with handicap.
Besides the bedroom, a comfortable hallway and private en-suite bathroom also with full accessibility for people with handicap furnished with shower, bath, sink, bidet and toilet, enlarge mirror and a useful hairdryer, complete the room. The bathroom also comes with precious towels, bathrobe and slipper, soaps and toiletries, and a stool.
- Room equipped for welcoming guests with disabilties.
- Two comfortable beds, with possibility to choose between a King Size bed (180×200 cm) and two separate Single Size beds (cm 90×200), and two night tables.
- Bed-linen blankets and pillows.
- Cabinet, which includes a full-length mirror.
- Luggage support.
- Small sitting area, equipped with armchairs and a table.
- Kettle with tea and coffee selections.
- Laptop safe.
- A satellite Smart Led 28” television.
- Air conditioning and heating systems.
- Daily room cleaning and bed-linen change.
- Free Wi-Fi connection.