The Torre del Gallo Room (literally the Rooster’s Tower), situated at the Nobile Floor of the Villa, is also named Wardrobe Room due to the majestic decoration of the false boiserie – piece of a Florentine artist who is still living- which fully occupies two of the bedroom’s walls, thus defining its appearance.
The room is also called the Pink Room both for the discreet painting of the ceiling which blends into the grey and yellows of the walls’ decorations. Above all, the notable feature of this room is its unusual view over the Hill of Arcetri, seat of the homonymous astronomical observatory and of the mostly famous Rooster and Hen’s Tower, where an important cycle of frescoes, including the mysterious Danza dei Nudi (the Dance of the Nudes), by Antonio del Pollaiolo’s for the brothers Jacopo and Giovanni Lanfredini, is preserved. The Hen’s Villa was also residence of Galileo Galilei’s beloved stay.
The room comes with private en-suite bathroom, furnished with shower, sink, bidet and toilet, enlarge mirror and a useful hairdryer. The bathroom is also equipped with precious towels, bathrobe and slipper, soaps and toiletries, and a stool.
- Two comfortable beds, with possibility to choose between a King Size bed (180×200 cm) and two separate Single Size beds (cm 90×200), and two night tables.
- A third bed is available upon request (free of charge for children under the age of 6).
- Bed-linen blankets and pillows.
- Cabinet, which includes a full-length mirror.
- Luggage support.
- Small sitting area, equipped with armchairs and a table.
- Kettle with tea and coffee selections.
- Laptop safe.
- A satellite Smart Led 32” television.
- Air conditioning and heating systems.
- Daily room cleaning and bed-linen change.
- Free Wi-Fi connection.